Saturday, November 9, 2013

Changes

I have been busy transforming one part of my studio into a dedicated display area to showcase finished work. While this is not a "gallery" as such, I'm hoping it has a bit of a gallery feel to it. There is still a way to go, with more plinths required to display 3D work and a glass-fronted cabinet for dolls.......but overall, I'm happy with the transformation. I almost feel ready for studio visitors as part of the Tamar Valley Art Trail, to be officially launched in early December.





The idea is that each studio will offer a different experience, ranging from working studios where the public can see artists at work, through to commercial galleries. When people do the popular Tamar Valley Wine Route, there will now be even more to do to enrich that experience! If you want to find out more, you can go to the website at http://www.tamarvalleyarttrail.org.au



A couple of studies for a larger work and.......


.....a working drawing for #6 in the "Sorrowful Songs" series.




4 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Susie you have created such a great space for displaying your beautiful art. It looks terrific, I'm sure you will be getting visitors through.
Hugs
Kay

Susie McMahon said...

Hope not too many, Kay! it's a double-edged sword you want the visitors, but they can be a distraction!

Anita said...

You have created a lovely space..it looks like a miniature gallery. If it feels too intrusive you can always stop or maybe be open two days a week...I turned a portion of my home into a store for 2 years. I didn't like it and I ruined lots of paint brushes...don't forget to drop your brush into water when people come...I hope it's a perfect fit for you.

Susie McMahon said...

Good advice Anita, about the paint brushes! I'm planning to have it open four out of seven days a week over summer......I'm not expecting inundations of visitors......and I was always open "by appointment" anyway. This is a bit of an experiment. See how it goes. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...