Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Busy...........

It's such a busy time of year, with the garden producing so much extra that needs to be dealt with - I've made blackcurrant jelly and cassis and frozen a heap of peas. Tomorrow will be beetroot chutney and some rhubarb and ginger jam, if I have time. And an inundation of tomatoes is imminent! I'm very inspired, because Bob is building a wine "cellar" and storage room in a small spare room we had. I need to fill those shelves with delicious preserves!



Meanwhile, in the studio, work continues apace, with commissions and getting kit orders assembled and posted. Did I tell you I love my job?

Here is the Columbian doll made for the MAIDA challenge all finished:


She's a big, handsome girl and I enjoyed the challenge of making her.


For a complete contrast, here is a tiny doll I've been working on and another made using my "Pipkin" pattern:


Here she is in her underwear...


...and fully dressed.


She looks cute in her little knitted hat!

Finally, here is one of the commissions I have been working on:




These dolls are so much fun to pose and play around with.

So you can see there hasn't been much of a summer break around here.......but next week I'm off to   the annual string summer school for a week of music making by the beach. I won't say it will be relaxing, but at least it will be different!







5 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Loved reading about your busy life. The new dolls are wonderful as is all your canned goods and that beach trip with music sounds divine. You are an inspiration!

sirkkis said...

Hurmaavia nukkeja teet ja nuket joilla ei ollut vielä vaatteita ovat hauskoja kun ne saa mukavasti aseteltua poseeraukseen.

Susie McMahon said...

Wish I knew what you wrote, Sirkkis.....is that Finnish?
And thanks, Healing Woman.......my wonderful followers are likewise an inspiration to me.
I'm glad to be back blogging regularly after my computer woes late last year!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Beetroot chutney and rhubarb and ginger jam...yummy...you make me wish it was summer here instead of mid winter.

Your new dolls are wonderful!

p.s. It's Finnish....Here is a very rough translation from Google....."charming dolls and puppets that you do not even clothes are fun when they are not comfortable poses in the set".....very rough translation:(

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks for the rough translation, Mary Ann! It gives me some idea! And thanks for your kind words.......summer will be over here all too soon and then it will be your turn, while I freeze!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...