Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fabulous Floating!

We spent New Year's Eve floating down the Mersey River in inflatable canoes, shooting a few gentle rapids and drifting through deep pools. It was a pretty wet ride, so unfortunately I couldn't take my not-waterproof camera, so no pictures of the actual boat trip. The trip lasted a couple of hours from launch point to the cabin where we had our New Year celebration barbecue with friends. Home-made bread, barbecued salmon, baked spuds and corn and salads followed by the traditional pavlova made by yours truly. (It's only taken me about thirty years to learn how to bake a successful pavlova!) It was a perfectly magical day.

Launching!

Lyn tends the barbecue

Idyllic bush setting - friends meet.

Home-made pavlova with fresh cream and raspberries from the garden. Heaven!

Meanwhile, I haven't been neglecting my work in between the fun stuff. I have listed two new PDFs in my Etsy store for sale. One is a painting tutorial for dollmakers and the other shows you how to create dolls using a mixture of sawdust and glue.






4 comments:

maddyrose said...

I really like the way you spent New Year's Eve. It sure beats the way I spent it. I wonder how I'd celebrate the holidays if I lived where the weather was the opposite of what I'm used to.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Susie! Sounds like you had a great time! And wow with the tutorials! You are so talented!

Sue said...

What a fabulous way to bring in the New Year! As always, your dolls/artwork blow me away and tutorials are a wonderful idea!

Happy New Year!

Ron said...

I think I want to spend next New Years with you! LOL!!
Looks like a blast!

the fresh produce looks yummy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...