Monday, May 24, 2010

How To Repair A Sheep and other Miscellany

Our local butcher is a very sweet fella with something of a sense of humour. For some time now he has had a very realistic sheep made of fibreglass or something peering IN the window of the shop. (Silly sheep! I'd be running the other way......)

A few weeks ago, I noticed that poor old lamby had a large hole where his ear should have been and a smashed elbow. When I inquired about it I was told that it had been the victim of vandalism by kids........I had a bit of a look and knew I could easily fix it, so I offered to do just that, much to butcher Nigel's delight. I forgot to take "before" photos, of course, but did remember the "during" and "after" ones which are posted here. The things we do!

The doll is "Delta Dawn", Cindy's doll in the ADO Travelling Doll project. I've had her way too long, but I've finally sent her on her way with a new hat, a hand-woven shawl and a pup. Couldn't do much about her forlorn expression, though! She is doomed to forever be sad and wistful, I think.

7 comments:

Dixie Redmond said...

It was fun to see what you've been working on! :-) Lamby is very appreciative, I'm sure!

Healing Woman said...

The hat, shawl and pup you made for Delta Dawn is perfect. Also, I like the soulful eyes on this doll. She makes you want to pick her up and see if you can get her to laugh.

Unknown said...

Poor sheep so nice to see him repaired. Delta Dawn is lovely but looks like she needs a hug.
Peta

Lorell Lehman said...

There is something truly hilarious about that shot of the sheep lying there grinning in the back of your car!
(Fantastic repair job too, Susie)

Unknown said...

I hope the butcher keeps a few treats for you after such a wonderful job, he's rather a cheeky chappy isn't he?

Isis said...

that was nice of you. i often have a giggle at that sheep, especially when it's wearing what appears to be women's knickers!

village folk art said...

Susie, You are a very kind & generous lady to offer a repair for this delightful little lamb. He/she is adorable and am sure along with the Butcher appreciate you coming to its rescue. Great Job!
Barb ;o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...